- I am of the nature to grow old. There is no way to escape growing old.
- I am of the nature to have ill health. There is no way to escape ill health.
- I am of the nature to die. There is no way to escape death.
- All that is dear to me and everyone I love are of the nature to change. There is no way to escape being separated from them.
- My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand.
- When speaking to others, or to yourself, think first:
- Is it kind?
- Is it necessary?
- Is it honest?
- Don't complain.
- Don’t quit anything. If you start it, finish it. Just keep going.
- Just do it. Even if you don't want to. Especially if you don't want to.
- Don't resist uncomfortable situations or thoughts. Instead, notice the feelings and contemplate their reason for arising.
- Show appreciation and gratitude to the people around you.
- When you sense an uncomfortable emotion creeping in, clap your hands together and breathe.
- Don't avoid situations because they are difficult.
- Your body is a vehicle to help others. Take good care of it.
- No one wants to stand in front of anything that is relentless. Be relentless with your practice.